Marcus Pearson (aka Mr P or P Diddly Dacious) has experimented with all types of fasting, resting and exercise combinations since 2016 – he is now focused on how he lives – he is authentic to himself and (after a lads ski trip and rugby weekend) he is planning to enter his 60th decade without a Yo-Yo lifestyle – read about his fasting regime and more here . . .
His new regime is not a secret – in fact the more you copy and share it the better – lol.
“I fast to optimise autophagy and the healthy benefits of ketones. I combine this regime with an exercise regime, a relaxation and sleep regime AND a social interaction regime to maximise growth and recovery – they are all important – and their combined benefits provide me with an ability to stay authentic to myself – the real me!”.
Mr P’s Fasting Regime for 2022:
- Every day I fast for 23 hours.
- Every Sunday I eat socially – fasting is optional. (*1)
- Every other week (weeks 1 & 3) I fast for 3 days (72 hours) – this is an immune reset fast.
- Week 1 in March, September and December I do a 7 day fast.
- June I undertake a 14 day fast.
- As a lifestyle I follow LiCrON as regards ‘what to eat and drink’ throughout the year.(*2)
Exercise Regime for 2022:
The aim is to increase strength, flexibility and VO2 max.
- Every week day in the morning, I either go for a bike ride; train at the gym: or do some stretching – I do this on my own.
- I have a ‘Wim Hoff’ style cold shower every morning.
- Every 90-120mins I alternate 10 x 5 varied squats with 10 x 5 varied press ups – I try to involve others.
- Every evening after work and whilst fasted, I either go for a bike ride; train at the gym: or do some stretching and calisthenics (motivated by my sons) – I try to do this with my wife and daughter.
- Every Saturday I try to go for an open water swim and follow it up with an adventure hike, cycle or kayak – I try to do this with friends and family and like minded spirits.
- Every Sunday I socialise, rest and try to make interaction with family and friends a priority.
Relaxation & Sleeping Regime for 2022:
- I try to be in bed for 10.30pm every night and rise for 7.00am. I check my HRV and sleep pattern every morning – seeking higher HRV.
- I try to undertake “Quick Coherence” focused breathing sessions throughout the day as follows:
- first thing in the morning whilst still in bed (before getting up)
- First thing when I get to work
- Every 90 mins once I am active and the day has begun (perfect after some exercise).
- When I get back home after work and after some exercise.
- When I get back in bed to settle for a sleep.
Social interaction Regime for 2022:
This may seem strange (meaning to formalise it), however, I have done this to highlight the importance it has in my life (IT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT ASPECT OF ALL MY REGIME’S):
Every day whilst at home, at the gym, at work, whilst out with friends, and whilst distanced from other family members and friends – I make an effort to socially interact and listen to others (not to just be there and be doing ‘other things’) – but to try and be involved in their lives and to create things – “things we can do together”. I try to arrange to meet with people and do active things together. I try to utilise the energy that all these regimes provide me with; to socially and physically interact with important people in my life – and to build on new relationships. To live and be in the moment and to give 100% of myself.
(*1) – I am committed to challenges/stress (to build in Hormesis) – this means challenging myself physically, emotionally and mentally every day.
(*2) The underlying principles of LiCrON – Low Insulin Calorie Restiction Optimal Nutrition are worth you researching (they are part of the Wellbeing Package run by Be Super). Fasting is only a small part of Wellbeing – as is physical health; it is also important to improve and maximise your emotional health, mental health and spiritual health.
I am not perfect, and I am the first to admit that all the above is relatively new as a lifestyle adaptation (not individually but as a whole) – nonetheless; I am committed to these ‘regimes’ in the long term – and anyone who has recent contact with me; will see a change in my focus and behavior.
“It is not what you were and used to do – it is what you constantly do in the moment NOW”.
If any of this interests or motivates you then please browse the website further – better still – contact me.
Take care and thank you for reading this.
To find out more and ask any questions or arrange a meeting:
- 07931 326 164
- Connect with Marcus on LinkedIn
- Or simply enter your email address below to register as a FREE PROVISIONAL VFP Member – we will then be in contact.
Marcus is focused on supporting others better interact with themselves and others.